Green Olive Company
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad With Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
The perfect holiday un-lettuce salad!
When paired with apples, cranberries and pecans, roasted brussels sprouts can be shredded and cooled to a make a surprisingly fresh, crunchy, delicious salad.
Yield: Approx. 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Green Olive Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Green Olive Company Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Green Olive Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 apple, chopped
- Squeeze from 1/2 lemon
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Transfer them to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy on the outside. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the Olive Oil, Maple Balsamic Vinegar, and
Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill if desired.
3. Slice the apples into thin slices and toss with lemon juice.
4. Once the brussels sprouts are cooled, slice them into thin strips. In a large salad bowl, toss them
with the slided shallots, dried cranberries, pecans, Gorgonzola cheese, and sliced apples.
5. Pour dressing over the salad, toss, and serve immediately.