Serve cold at your next picnic, barbeque, or party!
- 1 large package frozen cheese tortellini (16 ounces)
- 1/2 of 8-ounce jar of pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes (cut in half or use whole)
- 1/2-pound fresh mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes or balls)
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (stems removed)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Combine pesto sauce, Arbequina Olive Oil, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, garlic powder, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix gently and set aside.
- Boil frozen tortellini in 4 quarts of water for a few minutes until they are just cooked and still a little firm. Drain and rinse under cold water. The tortellini should not be overly wet after rinsing.
- Add the tortellini to the ingredient mixture, stirring gently and evenly.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving cold.