Green Olive Company
South of the Border Crustless Quiche
This Mexican-inspired quiche is a flavorful fiesta filled with mouth-watering cilantro, red onion, and poblano peppers.
Yield: One 13-9 baking dish or two 9” pie dishes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound of turkey breakfast sausage
- 4 tablespoons Green Olive Company Cilantro & Roasted Red Onion Infused Olive Oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 3 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 cup Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tablespoon North Market Spices - Santa Maria seasoning blend (salt, pepper, garlic, and other spices)
- 1 cup freshly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1. Brown the turkey breakfast sausage in a skillet using 2 tablespoons of Green Olive Company Cilantro & Roasted Onion Infused Olive Oil.
2. In a separate skillet, cook peppers and onions until soft and clear using 2 tablespoons of Cilantro & Roasted Onion Infused Olive Oil.
3. Crack a dozen eggs into a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning blend. Whisk together to combine.
4. Preheat oven to 350°.
5. Brush one 13x9 baking dish or two pie dishes with Cilantro & Roasted Onion Infused Olive Oil. Add the sausage with half of the shredded cheese, plus onion, peppers and corn evenly into the baking dish.
6. Pour the egg mixture evenly into baking dish, covering meat, cheese, and cooked veggies.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then lift out and top with remaining cheese. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until melted and bubbling, and quiche just set.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and tomatoes to finish.
Special thanks to creative contributor Rick Pisauro for this crowd-pleasing recipe, and for collaboration with our friends at North Market Spices, Ltd.