Green Olive Company
Blueberry Balsamic Jam
This flavorful blueberry jam makes a wonderful family activity, homemade gift, or romantic at-home weekend date.
Yield: 6 one-cup jars
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pints organic fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Honeyrun Farms Spring Harvest Honey from North Market Mini-Super
- 3 tablespoons Green Olive Company Blueberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 1.5 oz package powder or granulated pectin from North Market Spices, Ltd.
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh or dried grated orange peel
1. Combine pectin and honey in a small bowl, then set aside.
2. In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, add berries and sugar. Crush to combine. Bring to a simmer, then add the Green Olive Company Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar and optional orange peel if desired, simmering and stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
3. Reduce water content by heating to a low boil and stirring as needed for approximately 10-12 minutes.
4. Add the pectin and honey mixture to the pot and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool. Skim off any foam that may have formed and allow to cool for about 30 minutes before filling jars.Tips:This jam serves beautifully as wine reduction sauce over salmon for an elegant dish.
Shop local for your Blueberry Balsamic Jam ingredients at Mini-Super, a fresh produce shop located in the North Market historic shopping district, and North Market Spices, Ltd. your source for staple and hard-to-find spices and seasonings.