Green Olive Company
Blueberry Balsamic Jam
This flavorful blueberry jam makes a wonderful family activity, homemade gift, or romantic at-home weekend date.
Yield: 6 one-cup jars
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pints organic fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Honeyrun Farms Spring Harvest Honey from North Market Mini Super
- 3 tablespoons Green Olive Company Blueberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 1.5 oz package powder or granulated pectin from North Market Spices, Ltd.
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh or dried grated orange peel
1. Combine pectin and honey in a small bowl, then set aside.
2. In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, add berries and sugar. Crush to combine. Bring to a simmer, then add the Green Olive Company Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar and optional orange peel if desired, simmering and stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
3. Reduce water content by heating to a low boil and stirring as needed for approximately 10-12 minutes.
4. Add the pectin and honey mixture to the pot and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool. Skim off any foam that may have formed and allow to cool for about 30 minutes before filling jars.
This jam serves beautifully as wine reduction sauce over salmon for an elegant dish.
Shop local for your Blueberry Balsamic Jam ingredients at Mini-Super, a fresh produce shop located in the North Market historic shopping district, and North Market Spices, Ltd your source for staple and hard-to-find spices and seasonings.