Harvest salad instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Coat beets evenly with Olive Oil and spread onto the prepared sheet. Sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove beets from oven, tossing them to ensure even roasting. Move beets to one side of the pan.
4. Increase oven temperature to 400° F. Add butternut squash evenly to the empty side of the pan. Drizzle the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast both vegetables together for 20 minutes until they are tender, stirring part-way through. Let cool.
5. While roasting the veggies, prepare the pumpkin seeds. Heat 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, sprinkle with salt, and stir often until lightly brown (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
6. Prepare the Balsamic Maple Vinaigrette Dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk or add them to a glass container with a tight lid and shake vigorously to emulsify.
7. In a large salad bowl, layered mixed greens, cooled beets and butternut squash, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and pumpkin seeds to finish.
8. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of Maple Vinaigrette Dressing over salad and serve the remainder alongside.
Early Prep Tip: The beets, butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, and vinaigrette can be made in advance... But it can add appeal when some ingredients are still mildly warm or freshly toasted!