Green Olive Company
Classic Mushroom & Sage Soup
This easy and hearty mushroom soup will get you in the mood for fall and leave your taste buds craving a second bowl.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Green Olive Company Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 6 cups mushrooms sliced (shitake and/or portobello)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Sage
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry mushrooms before slicing them thinly.
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Sauté the mushrooms for about three minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Pour broth and heavy cream into a stock pot and stir, gently adding the mushroom mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a few drops of Green Olive Company Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil